Central Coast Poets Incorporated
Henry Kendall Poetry Award – 2017
- What is the opening date?
Entries open 20th January 2017
- What is the closing date?
Entries close 28th February
- Can I submit by post?
Entries must be submitted via CCP’s online HKPA portal only.
- How many poems can I submit?
There is no limit to the number of poems that can be submitted in the HKPA.
- How do I pay the entry fee?
To streamline the entry process, payment of $15 is required for each poem entered into the HKPA on the CCPi website through PayPal or credit/debit card only.
- If I have published my poem on Facebook or a personal blog can I still enter it?
To be eligible for the HKPA, a poem should not have been published or performed in any publicly available format, in part or in whole.
- Can I simultaneously submit my poem/s into another competition or another publication?
You cannot simultaneously enter the same poem(s) that you have entered the HKPA into other competitions or for publication until the HKPA results have been announced.
- Should I put my name on the document containing the poem I submit?
Your poem(s) will be disqualified if you put your name on the page or as the file name. There should be no identifying features on any poem you submit.
- What font should I submit my poem in and how should it be spaced?
Although not mandatory, we ask that you submit the poem in a clear legible font such as Times New Roman or Arial, and we suggest that it is 12pt and that line spacing is set at 1.5
- Can I submit hand written poems scanned and sent via email?
No, all entries must be typewritten, word-processed and uploaded to the HKPA portal.
- How long can the poem be?
The poem should be no longer than 30 lines, and have no more than 500 words.